For 4 years now...
Almost everything I owned was in a storage unit..
I paid over $2000 to store things that have no monetary value to anyone but myself.
I often wondered if i shouldn't have done that....until tonight.
As I sat in the middle of the living room in front of my fireplace, opening one weathered box after another, each box held more memories than you could ever buy...
Childhood photographs...
Letters from my mom...
High school year books...
My baseball card collection...
Hot wheels and nascar car collection...
An incredible plaque that Mike Bowen made for me on a scroll saw almost 15 years ago...
A old weathered plaque my late uncle Larry gave me that says...
"Friends gather here" (it is priceless to me now...I sure do miss you Papa Louie)
It felt good to be sitting in the floor tonight surrounded by my entire life....
Even though the refrigerator is empty, there's not a single can of food in my cubbard...
I don't even have a mattress to sleep on...
or a single chair to sit in...
But...it really doesn't matter...
Because, I am finally home....
No comments:
Post a Comment