Friday, December 18, 2015

2013....Reminiscing...

December 18th, 2013

Waking up this morning to the sound of my daughter giggling, making her motorboat noises and smiling 3 inches from my face....My mind goes back in time... 

My entire life has been one ongoing Battle after another...
 All the way back to almost dying as a small child...
Serious battles have had me at deaths door many many times...
How I'm still here...only God knows...
 I've battled depression (without ridiculous medications)  
I've been on the edge of completely loosing my mind...

The hard years are finally showing their mark upon my face...
The wrinkles and grey is over taking the baby face I've had most of my life...
I've lost my hair and it miraculously grew back...and now I'm loosing it again...

The roads I've traveled have not been kind to me....
The mountains I've climbed have nearly completely broken me down at times...

But those poor choices were my own...no one to blame but me..
So when I look in the mirror each day and know that through it all, God has given me the strength to overcome it all....
And now each morning...as I look deep into my beautiful daughters teddy bear brown eyes...
I know without a shadow of a doubt....
That I would fight each and every battle again, 
knowing where I would be......

 
right now in this moment of time....

No comments:

Post a Comment