Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Get outta my way...I'm in a hurry...

Get outta my way...I'm in a hurry...
By: Bobby DeLano 
2/26/2013

       There was a song many years ago that went something like this...."I'm in a hurry to get things done, rushing rushing 'cause life's no fun...all I wanna do is live and die, but I'm in a hurry and don't know why" Sound familiar?

       I remember singing this country classic at the top of my lungs at a time when the words to this song set along side of my life would be considered to be an oxymoron! Where did those days go?

       So now here we sit, in our everyday lives staring at contentment right outside our windows.

       Thinking if I was only out THERE and not HERE! I'd rather be at the BEACH...at the LAKE, Fishing, hunting or PLAYIN' XBOX!

       We're always rushing TO work only to wish the day gone by...then rushing BACK home!

       Our focus has been far removed from where it once was.

       Remember, In what ever you do for a living, never forget WHY you do it. At times when stress is high and moral is at record lows,

       REMEMBER why you get up every morning and head to work..... Your babies? Your wife? Your family? So many depend on you.

       We now days, view this as more of a burden than a pleasure. More of a displacement than a gift. God bestowed upon a man the strong desire to be needed, to FEEL needed. To know that what ever he is doing will make a difference ONE DAY.

       Women one the other hand have the desire no matter how small, to be sheltered, to be loved, pampered, spoiled and to have someone she can count on.

       Men look DOWN the road in life, while women examine the moment at hand. Sometimes this causes us to clash. But, all in all THIS is what puts us together like a beautiful puzzle.

       Without one... the other is incomplete. Try to keep yourself in check as I do everyday. No matter what the issue at hand, face every new day on your knees. God gives strength beyond all understanding. God gives understanding beyond all comprehension, and God gives comprehension beyond all...................

Bobby D
2/23/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment