My very last boxing match was in (correction) 1993,
I remember it like it was yesterday.
The guy I was fighting was 43 years old.
I was 26..
I thought to myself..I really don't want to hurt this old man...
Until he hit me the first time..
I had never been hit so hard in my entire life..
He hit me again watered my eyes and disappeared behind me, I spun around and he hit me square in the forehead knocking me into the ropes and flat on my face...
This was the first time I had
EVER been knocked down.
My ears were ringing...I got an instant sore throat and sugar shakes..
I wabbled up to my feet and slapped my gloves on the 8 count.
I was, for the first time in my career...scared.
I won the fight with a TKO...
But it really didn't mean anything to me..
This old man...schooled me...made me look like a fool.
He took me down and I know that if I hadn't ran that extra mile...took the extra hour on the heavy bag...did the extra 1000 sit ups...
There would have been no way that I could have gotten up off that canvas...
I never found my mouth piece..one guy said it flew 10 rows back into the crowd..
Remember....your life is the same as this fight...
Never underestimate any situation...
Always prepare yourself long before you need the strength to go on...
And you will make it though anything this life puts on your back...
Mohammed Ali said...
The FIGHT is won OR lost, long before you get in the ring...
God NEVER promised He wouldn't put more on you than you can bear...
He promised not to put more on you that is RIGHT..
So prepare your self...mentally, spiritually AND physically, BEFORE you need the strength to pass through the fire...
Bobby D
No comments:
Post a Comment